I should have a contest to see if anyone can guess the yummy delicassy that Kaylee has just partaken of.
.............. powdered sugar?
ding ding ding--you guessed it! Evidently it is quite tasty. She seemed to love it--ate almost the full tube. This resulting picture has been one of my favorite pictures ever. The face she is making is just classic.
Oh the things we do when we are supposed to be napping. It reminds me of the time that I was supposed to be napping and decided to stick a bobbie pin into the light socket. I distinctly remember thinking, "I wonder what will happen if I stick this in here." (I was about 5, I think) I definitely found out, that's for sure. Sparks flew, fire flared and before I knew what had happened, the bobbie pin had melted into my fingers. That's when my thoughts became, "Please don't cry! Just don't cry! DON'T cry!!!" To no avail. I was so scared that I would be in so much trouble because I was supposed to be taking a nap. After about a minute I couldn't take it any more and I ran down to my mom who was doing laundry. She fixed me up and the only other thing I remember is having to tell my dad about it when we picked him up from work. I was petrified--It's one thing run to mom--it was another to have to fess up to my dad! My fear was definitely overrated and not neccessary. No beatings were given that day and all is well. I have always wondered however, why that particular memory was ingrained into my head. I think it is actually one of the earliest memories that I have.
I guess I just find myself remembering that experience because Andrew recently stuck a little toy lock into the socket and deja vu----sparks flew, fire flared and before he knew what had happened he had a nice little burn on his finger and thumb. ----Oh please spare him the rest of MY childhood mistakes.