Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Camping IN

This Memorial Day we decided that instead of camping out like we usually do, we were going to camp IN instead. Rain was predicted for a good part of the weekend and camping in the rain didn't sound too appealling. Besides--my room makes a very comfortable tent. We weren't quite sure if we were going to be able to make it out of the tent at all this weekend. Dan and Amanda came down to join us so that gave us a little motivation.


During one of the rain delays we played a little forest golf--which we modified into "park golf". The tennis balls worked a little better than the smaller nerf golf balls that we've used before--speaking at least for the kids and myself. The trick here was keeping Maya from stealing all of the balls and not putting divots in the park grass--good thing we used tennis balls.





Notice the handicap I had to play with! I might have complained except that I think I might have played better with one hand than I usually do with two. That can't be a good sign.
No campout is complete without the wiener roast and smores so we built our fire and braved the wrath of the neighbors and park goers who eyed us suspiciously and cooked some pretty tasty chili dogs and all the marshmallows the kids could handle.

No comments: