Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I*N*S*A*N*I*T*Y

INSANITY:Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. Insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms, including becoming a danger to themselves and others...

I have gone and done it--------------gone off the deep end, that is.

I am now officially homeschooling my children!

Did I just say that out loud?

I guess that makes it official. No turning back now.

Why? you ask----------------------Well...

For a hundred and one reasons that I don't think I can even put into words.

Mostly because it just "feels" right.

Once I finally accepted the fact that this was indeed a definite lifestyle change, I realized that it was something I had been preparing for for a long time.

I'm not a patient person by nature. I am not even that good of a teacher. But for some crazy reason that only God knows, I KNOW that I CAN do this. I even find myself excited by the prospect.

I have researched curriculum and theories up the yang. I have agonized over whether or not to get involved with a state program. I have scheduled and organized until I am ready to pop! The decisions are all made and I am now ready to go. I figure the hard part is all done. Now I can just implement the plan and watch my little kiddlets bloom. (OH, if only it really were that easy!)

I'm quite aware that there will be some who won't understand how I could do that to my children--------------Oh how socially ignorant they will be.

I just have to rely on the inspiration that I felt! I guess TIME WILL TELL.

6 comments:

ashley said...

way to go! i started homeschooling hunter this year as well. emma will probably follow suit next year. i think it is great and it is the right of every parent to take charge of their kids education, be involved and do what works for your family!! i completely support you and could care less "WHY" you chose to homeschool. i just think it is great we live in a country that affords us the opportunity to teach our kids at home if we so choose!! don't listen to anyone who says otherwise!! good luck!

Sabrina said...

Great Choice! There is no greater reward than to be able to spend these years with your children. The relationships that you will form alone are priceless. Your family will be strengthened and your children will build close knit bonds with one another. Their testimonies will become stronger and they will have a greater sense of who they really are. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, this is your inspiration, your choice. You will make a wonderful teacher! I can only see great things happening because of it. Good luck on your new adventure. Oh, and as for being insane, there are those days when you will truly think you are, but remember it is well worth it.

Emily said...

The only thing I ever worry about when I find out people are homeschooling their kids has nothing to do with education...it has to do with social activities with other kids their ages. Your kids have this already with church activities as well as other extracurricular activities! GREAT. I say GOOD LUCK! You are WAY more of a WOMAN/MOM than I could ever imagine being! :D

Matt and Melinda Bailey said...

Julie you did IT! I'm so PROUD of you for taking the leap of FAITH in yourself,and in your children! You are a strong woman, who will overcome obstacles that are placed in your path because of who you are! Make sure you take an extra few nights out to relieve the stress, or hopefully you guys have a hot tub at your new place! You will do a GREAT job!!!

Pam said...

Wow, good for you. Shawn's actually homeschooling this year, but I'm sure our situations are a little different because he's a senior and mostly does everything himeself or has group classses with friends or classes at a community college. It is nice to see him a lot more more than likely he'll be gone next year.

Hope it works out well.

The Hill Clan said...

I think that everyone has to do what feels is right and honestly who cares what others think!! You are a great mom Julie and you'll do a fabulous job. I feel like I never see you anymore. Some day we'll have to get together!!