Sunday, November 8, 2009

Because I Have Been Given Much...

I have thought and thought about what I wanted to do this year for Thanksgiving--how I wanted to teach my children and get them to think more deeply about what Thanksgiving means to them. I decided to do a variation of the "gratitude box". We make available a box with a slot in the top, slips of paper and pens to write with. Then every day, or more if we want, we write something that we are grateful for on the slip of paper. Then we also add something nice that we are going to do for someone else. I want to make the connection that, as the song goes, "because we have been given much, we too must give." Hopefully we will not only be more consious of our blessings but we will be serving others and thereby blessing the lives of others as well. To go along with that I thought I'd try to record some of the things that I am thankful for here as well.

Today I'm especially thankful for KC's smiles. Because they are just emerging and are therefore still somewhat rare I appreciate them all the more when they do come. At times you have to work pretty hard to get them to come out--although they are becoming more frequent and joyful each new day. My heart is immediately filled and sunshine seems to wash over me the second he breaks into his lighthearted little grins. I just love-love-love him!!!

3 comments:

Nettie! said...

So cute!!!

kristen said...

I love that idea! I think that I will try it around here. sometimes we get so caught up in how busy we feel that we don't take the time to make those important connections.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!