Friday, January 22, 2010

Annual Interviews

I want to remember all of the good times, hopes, dreams, likes, dislikes and goals of my family. One of the ways that I do that is by doing an annual interview. This is the 2nd year to do this. You can see last years answers HERE. I hope that by the time they all leave the nest, we will look back and be able to measure the growth, laugh at the quirks and will have accomplished some of the goals that were listed here.
ANDREW FAVORITES
Cereal (breakfast)----"Cimmanom" Toast Crunch or the real "cimmanom" toast are his very favs right now
Vegetable----potatoes (are potatoes even considered a vegetable?)
Drink------Hot chocolate (great minds think alike)
Toy-----Swords (did you know that you can make some pretty killer swords out of just about anything ie. butter knives, chopsticks, legos, tree branches and my personal favorite--fire pokers)
TV show--------Tom and Jerry (I love DVR)
Game--------Zingo (although I have to add he has also been playing a lot of Go Fish and Crazy 8's lately)
Book-------all of the Richard Scarry books (This is a little bit nostalgic for me since I remember loving to read these too as a kid about his age.)
Resaurant-------Chucky Cheeses (Thanks Dan and Amanda--it still made the top of the list even after all this time.)
Holiday---"my birthday" because I get presents and I give people notes to say "thank you" (It does a mom's heart good to hear him add the thank-you note thing. Wouldn't it be great if he really means it!)
Christmas Tradition-----Making other people presents
Animal----Lions and Tigers because they ROAR so loud and I love monsters. (and oh how those monsters can roar!)
Movie----Star Wars (yes indeedy, my boy loves Star Wars although Goonies came in a close second.)
Clothes----My yellow spiderman shirt (that is hole-y and worn to a frazzle but never makes it back into the drawer because it just gets pulled right out of the dirty clothes pile.

If you could change your name, what would you choose? Luke or Spiderman

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? To see uncle Chris and aunt Lisa and go to Florida and tease and giggle, laugh and have fun.

What are some of your wishes for this year? To get money and to buy new lightsabers and to share them.

What do you love about each person in our family?
Dad: He got me a fishing pole and he takes me hunting and fishing
Mom: you let me watch Tom and Jerry and play computer and you play with me.
K: She shares her candy and she lets me sit by the heater during scriptures and I go to her room when I get scared at night.
A: She shares with me and she makes presents for me. She plays with me and pretends stories
KC: He spits up all over and that makes me laugh so much.
Maya: She runs with me to get more exercise

I asked Drew what his Goals were for this next year and he told me--he wanted to learn how to drive a boat and a submarine and a tractor. (good luck with those babe)

ADDISONFAVORITES

Cereal--- Cookie Crisp

Vegetable---Carrots-cause you can cook them in just about anything. (She also discovered that she likes grilled onions--especially grilled onions, zuchini and carrots)

Drink---Fruit Punch

Toy---My baby brother Kyle. (This is true. I have to keep reminding her that he is a real boy--not a doll. She definitely makes the BEST babysitter though. I can't wait till she is old enough to watch him all alone.)

TV show---She likes "Fineas and Pherb" because "They are active and do a lot of STUFF"

Game---Whoonu (That is one of our family favorites--we like learning what everybody's "favorites" really are.)

Book---Junie B. Jones books or Amelia Bedelia (She has improved her reading this year so much. We are so happy for her)

Restaurant--- Micky D's

Holiday---Christmas because it's a time of sharing and giving (and the presents aren't bad either)Christmas Tradition----I like making gifts because it's more special than just buying them at the store.

Animal----Horse (I think they like to play "horses" at recess)

Movie----Little House on the Prairie (We've got a DVD collection that she likes to watch.)

Clothes----Jeans with the flower embellishment or the ones with the butterfly embellishments with her old navy V-neck t-shirts. She also loves her SUPER soft new bathrobe.

f you could change your name, what would you choose? Katherine

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Disneyworld/Disneyland and Paris, France because theres lots of lights and good restaurants (this coming from the girl who's fav. restaurant was McDonalds) and I want to see that really tall building.

What are some of your wishes for this year? I wish to not have any cavities and to not have ants in my pants and to learn more about the scriptures so I'll be ready to be baptized. (hmm, I wonder who she is trying to impress. I just hope she is at least partly serious.) She also wants a good haircut an American doll named Addy and to learn how to ice skate.

What do you love about each person in our family?

Dad: He's always playing and joking and he like to know stuff about us. He likes me.

Mom: Awesome at cooking and I love the way you take care of Kyle and your smile. (I guess I'll have to smile more often then aye)

K: She's confident and brave and she always asks good questions

Drew: He asks me questions and he loves to play-act with me and he's always happy

KC: I love his smile and his little baby sounds

My Goals for this year include: To get better at reading, ice skating and to get baptized



Kaylee Favorites

Cereal---Trix or Cookie Crisp

Vegetables---Carrots, zuchini and onions all fried in butter (I swear, anything tastes good if you fry it in enough butter)

Drink---Root Beer Float

Toy---The Wii

TV show---"Fineas and Pherb or Wizards of Waverly Place (Do you see the transition from cartoon to "real-life" shows----boo hoo)

Game---Clue (I have to admit she IS a little OBSESSED with this game right now)

Book----Her current fav. is the Boxcar Children #3

Restaurant-----Chucky Cheeses (I know, We should really get out more often.)

Holiday---Christmas, because there is more time to spend with family

Christmas Tradition---Eating Blueberry muffins and eggs-n-bacon for breakfast (This tradition dates back to her great grandparents on Jeffs side)

Animal---Horse

Movie---She likes "The Goonies" because, "it's funny and it's adventurous and you're on the edge of your seat. It's like popcorn popping in a bowl."

Clothes----She loves her new sparkly jeans and polka-dot fleece sweatshirt (Fleece sweatshirts are an absolute MUST-HAVE for this girl)

If you could change your name, what would you choose? Tracy or Jamie

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? London, England so that I can see the wax museum or Ireland because some of my ancestors are from there and also to find out why the Irish are "lucky."

What are some of your wishes for this year? To make more friends and have more girls move into the 4th grade and to move to a new house.

What do you love about each person in our family?

Dad: Daddy is always laughing and trys to make us happy--he never talks about himself and he always wants to do things for us and do what we ask for.

Mom: You want to do what we want and you don't ignore us very often. (hmmm, Is there hidden meaning behind that comment?)

A: She's always there for me and trys to think of what I need or want. She trys to help me.

D: He's so cute and funny. He says the funniest things and is so happy and energetic--he could feed an army with his energy.

KC: I love his Laugh and the way he smiles--it's like he's talking to you.

Kaylee's goals include doing a good deed every day and to not watch as much TV and to study more and get stuff done earlier.


Kyle

Favorites
Cereal--Milk
Vegetable--Milk
Drink--Milk
Toy--Rattles to chew on
TV--Highlander (mom records it to watch in the middle of the night when I wake up looking for a snack)
Game--Peek-a-boo
Book--Anything (as long as I get to drink milk while I'm listening)
Restaurant--the Twin Peaks diner
Holiday--My birthday since I didn't even get my own stocking this year. boo hoo.
Christmas tradition--Milk and cookies for Santa
Animal--Maya--I love it when she licks my face when I'm sitting in my chair--that is before mom kicks her outside.
Movie--The Bare Neccessities
Clothes--I look cute in just about everything

JeffFavorites

Cereal--Cookie Crisp
Vegetable--Meme's Beans
Drink--Henry Weinhardts Root Beer
TV show--"Burn Notice" or "24"
Game--Hide the Thimble
Book--Scriptures (pretty much the only books he reads)
Restaurant--Pretty much any "swim-up" bar
Holiday--Christmas, when friends and family get together
Christmas Tradition--Eating Blueberry muffins, Eggs-n-bacon for breakfast Christmas morning
Animal--Maya because she comes when she's called
Movie--Return to Me
Clothes--His "Silkies" (I'm pretty sure that doesn't sound too good for a man to say--he's really talking about his comfy silky sport shorts that are about 2 sizes too big and oh-so-comfortable.)
If you could change your name, what would you choose? DAVE
Where would you like to go on vacation this year? I would like to take the family to Florida and also do a lot of camping.
What are some of your wishes for this year? To be "SVELTE" again------------lol
What do you love about each person in your family?
Mom: You're my BEST friend
K, my "first-born in the desert": You are often a good example for ALL of us. I admire your ability to talk to anybody and to share the gospel with them. You don't get caught up in what other people think.
A, my "second-born in the desert": You are the 2nd mom in the home. You are terrific with Andrew and Kyle and if someone is having a bad day, you go out of your way to be extra good to them.
D, the "first-born in the promised land": you are my little buddy. You are always so happy to see me when I come home. When you race to the door and throw your arms around me it makes me feel so good and happy to be home.
KC, the "second-born in the promised land": You are my little grinner--You melt my heart with your smiles.
Goals for this upcoming year: TBD
Julie
Favorites

Cereal--Cherry Vanilla Granola
Vegetable--Fried Carrots in butter
Drink--I'm kind of on a bit of a Hot Cocoa Bender lately
TV show--Since I'm nursing KC right now, I tend to watch more tv than usual for me so I have several favorites right now. My favorites include Burn Notice and 24 as well as NCIS and Leverage and we also like Castle a lot too. Again I say, "thank goodness for DVR".
Game--I'm liking Cadoo right now because we can ALL play it-even Andrew.
Book---Parenting books don't count so...I'll go with the Eragon series.
Restaurant---Papa Murphy's Pizza (that is my old standby when I'm in a bind and I don't have anything planned for dinner--fast, cheap and nobody ever complains about what's for dinner)
Holiday---I love Independence Day--We usually spend it TOGETHER, with as much family and friends as we can find, camping someplace fun. We eat too much, laugh too much, play too much and it seems that we tend to do all of the things that we often take for granted as being commonplace in this country of ours. I also recognize that those freedoms that we enjoy are in jeopardy and therefore appreciate them all the more.
Christmas Tradition---My most loved Christmas tradition is when we gather around the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and we light the real candles instead of the tree lights. It is as if you are turning off all of the commercial aspects of Christmas and are left with the simple, feelings of peace, tranquility and hope. It is the embodiment of the true Christmas spirit. It is family, and love and it is a sacred moment for me.
Animal---Sometimes I think my kids are animals--does that count?
Movie---I think I'm still going to have to go with Pride and Prejudice--nothing else quite compares. It has been quite a while since we have had a really GREAT movie, don't you think?
Clothes---I just wish that all of my pre-pregnancy clothes would fit again.

If you could change your name, what would it be? I'd change my name to Lola--why? What the heck--it's just so quirky.

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? We are going to Florida in April and I am very much looking forward to that. This summer I just want to stay home and do a bunch of camping, fishing, four-wheeling, and skiing--and if we happen to make to Romania--sweet!

What are some of your wishes for this year? I want my kids to be happy--happy with who they are. Happy with each other and happy with their parents.

What do you love about each person in your family?
Dad: He makes me a better person every single day. He works hard for us and he asks so little for himself. I can see him realizing all of the potential that I once knew he possessed.
K: She loves me despite all of my shortcomings. She is patient with all of my "rookie" parenting mistakes and it never ceases to amaze me how happy she is to live and learn the gospel.
A: This sweet little girl is a fabulous with KC. She plays with him, changes him, holds him and even occasionally feeds him. Someday, she will make an absolutely wonderful mother.
D: My little man is kind to his brother, adores his big sisters and is learning to be a super-duper helper to his mom. He is a sweet ball of energy and at the end of the day when I listen to him say his prayers I can honestly say that he is a JOY to me and I know that there are big things in store for such an amazing little boy.
KC: My heart just melts when I look at his sweet face. My lips are magnetically attracted to his chubby cheeks and when I see him sleeping all I can think of are the words, "God is in His Heaven, all is right with the world."

My goals for this year include teaching my children to sit still during church--since for the first time in our married life Jeff won't be able to come to our ward with us. I would love to learn how to make a shelving unit for our house as well as one for Jeff's office and I can't wait to learn more about photoshop and also Illustrator. (They say in order for goals to be realized you have to write them down, so I am hoping that by writing them down I am already halfway to completing them.)

Well--There you have it. Some of our favorites from last year as well as some of our wishes and goals for next. Mostly, I just want to remember!

1 comment:

Ken Doig Family said...

Cool idea to have the family respond to the same questions. We could help Addison with one of her goals, since we flooded our backyard and have our own rink now. Come on up for a visit, nothing like skating in the back yard with a fire burning as well